Summary of 19 Mar 2012 ASPO Peak Oil Review editorial “Collapse? Really?”:
If a collapse of some sort does happen, what helps?
- Social support systems and safety nets strengthened
- Making medical care, food and shelter available
- small-scale agriculture in urban centers
- small-scale localized economies
- scavenging, i.e. cardboard in Argentina came to support forty thousand people — just barely, though.
- informal economy jobs, i.e. shining shoes
- We’re going to have to find a new definition of better.
Please follow and like us: